After upgrading its CONVERGENCE AV Manager solution to provide users with more power, information, control, and ease of use, ClearOne (NASDAQ: CLRO) today went further with the introduction of its network hardware CONVERGENCE InSite Server that enables bi-directional communications between its Cloud or Enterprise AV Manager and on-site ClearOne Pro Audio products.
Working together, they are designed to excel in a range of applications that include local AV system maintenance, device status monitoring, remote AV device control, equipment auditing, help desk operations and single-pane-of-glass business intelligence. The new CONVERGENCE InSite Server can serve customers in many verticals, including office buildings, convention centers, education, corporate campuses, global enterprises, multi-site organizations, and large government deployments, among others.
Key InSite Server feature highlights include:
- The CONVERGENCE Local Agent software comes pre-installed and ready to deploy.
- InSite server setup and registration is simple and painless using a web browser.
- Users can get up and running quickly with auto discovery of all supported devices on multiple subnets without the need of labor-intensive, individual device registration.
- Plenty of storage for InSite logs and backup configuration files of managed devices.
- Small footprint with a solid-state drive, auto power on, and a fanless enclosure for 24/7 high reliability.
- Includes extra ports for additional network connections, or optional keyboard, video, and mouse for servicing.
- Integrates with third-party management systems via a RESTful web interface.
- The Local Agent software is also available for free download and self-installation on Windows or Linux with a CONVERGENCE Cloud or Enterprise account.