Recon Research, Inc.
Introduction and Welcome
Hello and welcome to Recon Research! We are a market research, analyst, and consulting firm that provides information and other related services.
All personally identifying information within our systems and databases is subject to our Privacy Statement, which is incorporated herein.
Should any dispute arise, you agree to resolve any disputes through arbitration as described within this document.
Content and Websites
“RR Content” includes all information, regardless of form or format (electronic or physical documents, video or audio files or clips, images, photographs, graphics, artwork, trademarks, logos, computer code, etc.), created by, owned by, controlled by, or licensed to or by RR.
All RR Content, including but not limited to the look and feel of such RR content, and all RR websites and systems, are the intellectual property of RR, and are protected by International copyright, patent, and trademark laws and conventions.
RR grants Users a limited, non-exclusive, and revocable license to use our websites and systems, and to access our content, to the extent that such use is for internal information purposes only.
Except as expressly provided (1) within this document, (2) within written licensing arrangements entered into by RR or its authorized representatives, or (3) as otherwise permitted by law, User agrees to not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, sell, resell, lease, post or re-post, publicly display, transmit, translate, or otherwise distribute RR content, or parts of RR Content, to any other person or entity without RR’s express prior written consent.
Users employed by a company with an active company-wide RR subscription can distribute RR content obtained via their company-wide RR subscription to others within their company, but not to others outside their company.
Those wishing to use, repurpose, or distribute RR content should send a written request, including information about the information to be distributed and intended use to email@example.com and await a written response.
Users and companies are permitted and encouraged to post mentions of our content on their websites or within social networking channels to the extent that these mentions do not provide others with unauthorized access to any RR content.
RR does not and shall not discriminate in any of its activities or policies on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected classes or standing.
The above notwithstanding, RR reserves the right to refuse or terminate access to our websites, systems, or content for any person or company for any other reason.
Subscription (Membership) Plans
RR reserves the right to offer a variety of free or paid subscription plans including special promotional plans or trials offered by RR or approved third parties. In addition, we reserve the right to change those plans and adjust pricing at any time.
Our goal is to provide a valuable content subscription service. However, we make no commitments regarding the topics covered, the depth of said coverage, the volume and type of content items included within the subscription, and the release dates of specific content items.
Users and companies accessing RR content via a paid subscription understand the following:
- RR’s premium content subscriptions are offered on a per-seat (meaning per-user) or company-wide basis.
- Companies must purchase a paid subscription for each user. The sharing of paid subscription seats between users, either by sharing login information or by unassigning and re-assigning seats to users in order to avoid purchasing additional seats, is strictly forbidden.
- Users or companies may cancel their premium content subscriptions at any time. However, all payments are nonrefundable and RR will not issue refunds or credits for partially used periods.
Users accessing RR content as a part of our survey program agree to answer the questions within RR’s surveys accurately and completely. Should RR determine, in its sole discretion, that a user has not provided accurate and complete responses to our survey questions, RR reserves the right to cancel that user’s premium content subscription access and bar the user from participating in RR’s survey subscription program.
RR also reserves the right to re-classify any company (e.g. from an end-user to a vendor) or any user(s) at any time and at its sole discretion, even if such re-classification changes one or more users’ cost to access RR’s content.
User and Company Accounts
By creating a user account on our website, you understand that your user information will be stored in a secure manner within our systems, and you grant RR your express permission and consent to send you emails including, but not limited to, new content notifications, newsletters, meeting requests, marketing emails, and other communications as deemed appropriate by RR.
Furthermore, while RR will not release your personal information to third parties, you agree that RR may, from time to time, send you emails on behalf of third parties or partners.
IMPORTANT – If you are no longer authorized to use the email address you used to register on our website, you agree to stop using that email address and user account on our system immediately.
Continued use of an unauthorized email address amounts to fraudulent use of our system, and RR reserves the right to suspend or delete the invalid user account and bar the user from using RR’s website or services in the future.
Users may opt out of RR marketing emails by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of RR emails. Users may request that we remove their information from our systems, and we will process such requests as quickly as possible.
Conditions of Use and User Conduct
As a condition of use, you agree to the following:
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user / account information, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your account.
- You will not knowingly allow others to use your account or share your account with any other person.
- You will notify RR immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security that may impact RR.
- You will access our subscription content for the duration of your subscription only.
- You will not alter or modify our content in any way.
- You will not remove copyright, trademark, or other notices within our content, or imply ownership of our content.
- You agree to comply with all local, state / province, or federal laws regarding online conduct.
- You will not violate any laws applicable to your use of our website or service, or use our website or content for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You will not use our website to transmit unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, or similar.
- You will not use our website or our content to falsely suggest an affiliation, partnership, sponsorship, endorsement, or validation on the part of RR.
- You will not use any means (e.g. hacking, crawling, scraping, etc.) to gain access to information for which you are not authorized, and you will not attempt to probe, scan, or conduct test for vulnerabilities on our website.
User Generated / Posted Content
Should the RR website allow you to post content such as comments, feedback, documents, videos, etc. (“user content”), you agree to and understand the following:
- You are personally and solely responsible for all user content that you post.
- You have the legal right to post such user content, and the use of that content on our site does not violate any agreement, applicable law, or the intellectual property rights of others.
- You indemnify and hold RR harmless, to the extent of the law, for any damages, losses, and any expenses of any kind associated within the user content you post – including reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- You will not post any user content that would be considered offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene.
- You will not post any user content that involves the promotion of third party services, regardless of your affiliation.
- You will not post any user content that implies any affiliation with RR or endorsement of you or your company by RR or any other individual or entity without express written consent from such individual or entity.
- You will not post links to other analyst firms or for-profit firms involved in the creation of content relating to the enterprise communications market.
- You will not post any nefarious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or any other content that may interfere with or disrupt the operation of our website.
- The user content that you post does not reflect the opinion or views of RR.
- RR has no obligation to monitor, review, or edit the user content you post.
- RR has the right to remove or disable access to any user content, without notification, for any or no reason, including but not limited to, user content that, at our sole discretion, violates this agreement or does not adhere to the ethical guidelines of our company.
For user content that includes information about Recon Research or the markets we cover, you grant RR a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual (or, in jurisdictions where this is not permitted, for a term equal to the duration of the Agreements plus twenty (20) years), irrevocable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, make available to the public (e.g. perform or display), publish, translate, modify, create derivative works from, and distribute any of your user content.
Changes or Updates
Disclaimer of Warranties
We endeavor to provide the best service and the most accurate and insightful content possible. However, you understand and agree that RR’s website, systems, and content are provided “as is” and “as available” without express or implied warranty or condition of any kind.
You use RR’s website, systems, and content at your own risk, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, RR makes no representations and disclaims any warranties or conditions of quality, merchantability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
In addition, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold RR harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising out of, (1) your use of RR’s website, systems, and content, (2) your breach of these terms, (3) any user content, (4) any activity in which you engage on or through the RR website, and (5) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
RR does not warrant that the RR website is free of malware or other harmful components. Nor do we make any representation, warrant, guarantee, or assume responsibility for to the accuracy of third-party statements, claims, or information made available through our website, or any information accessed via hyperlinks from our site or featured within any banner or other advertising.
Furthermore, RR is not responsible or liable for any transaction between you and third-party providers of any product or service.
Some aspects of this section may not apply in some jurisdictions if prohibited by applicable law.
Protecting your privacy is very important to RR. When you create a user account on our website, RR will ask you to provide your name, email address, title, and other related information. RR will use this information to provide a more personalized online experience, and to gain insight into the topics of interest to our users.
RR will not share your private information with any third party.
Trademarks and Brand Items
All RR trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features or elements of the Recon Research brand (“brand elements”) are the sole property of Recon Research, Inc. or its licensors.
The use of our services and/or the consumption of our content does not grant you or your company any rights to use our brand for either commercial or non-commercial use.
All non-RR company, product, or service names that may be mentioned by RR on our website or within our content are tradenames, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
RR is committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that RR, or any user of RR’s service, has violated a copyright, trademark, or other right of others, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law / Jurisdiction / Arbitration
For Users in the United States Only
You agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and RR arising in connection with your use of RR’s websites, content, or services will be determined by mandatory binding individual (not class) arbitration.
Any arbitration between you and RR will take place under the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in force (the “AAA Rules”),
Any arbitration hearings will take place in the County of RR’s headquarters, provided that if the claim is for $25,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted (1) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (2) through a non-appearance based telephonic hearing; or (3) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the County in which RR is headquartered.
If you choose to file an arbitration proceeding, you will be responsible for paying all associated filing fees and fees for your representation (if any), as well as your share of any arbitration fees including arbitrator compensation, unless otherwise required by AAA rules or court order.
Furthermore, you agree to the jurisdiction of Broward County, Florida to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy that is not subject to mandatory arbitration as stated within this document.
You and RR agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual (or company-wide) capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action.
This document constitutes the entire agreement between you and RR in relation to this subject matter.
Should any provision of this document be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of this document, and the application of that provision shall be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
Any failure by RR or any third-party beneficiary to enforce these terms or any provision thereof shall not waive RR’s or the applicable third-party beneficiary’s right to do so.
RR may assign these terms and conditions or any part of them, and RR may delegate any of its obligations. You may not assign these terms or any part of them, nor transfer or sub-license your rights under these terms and conditions to any third party.