Introduction and Welcome
Hello and welcome to Recon Research! We are a market research, analyst, and consulting firm that provides information, insight, and other related services.
Please read this document carefully before using our website, accessing the content on our website, or using our online systems, engines, or services of any kind.
All personally identifying information within our systems and databases is subject to our Privacy Statement, incorporated herein.
Should any dispute arise, you agree to resolve any disputes through arbitration as described within this document.
Recon Research Content
“RR Content” includes all information, websites, and systems, regardless of form or format (electronic or physical documents, video or audio files or clips, images, photographs, graphics, artwork, trademarks, logos, computer code, etc.), created by, owned by, controlled by, or licensed to or by RR. This specifically includes all aspects and elements of the Recon Research Battle Program, including all test results, rankings and ratings, and media files used within the system.
All RR Content, including but not limited to the look and feel of such RR content, are the intellectual property of RR and are protected by international copyright, patent, and trademark laws and conventions.
RR grants users a limited, non-exclusive, and revocable license to access our content and use our websites and systems to the extent that such use is for internal information purposes only.
Except as expressly provided (1) within this document, (2) within written licensing arrangements entered into by RR or its authorized representatives, or (3) as otherwise permitted by law, User agrees not to copy, reproduce, modify, republish, sell, resell, lease, post, or re-post, publicly display, transmit, translate, or otherwise distribute RR content, or parts of RR Content, to any other person or entity without RR’s express prior written consent.
Those wishing to use, repurpose, or distribute RR content should send a written request, including information about the information to be distributed and intended use to firstname.lastname@example.org, and await a written response.
Users and companies are permitted and encouraged to post mentions of our content on their websites or within social networking channels to the extent that these mentions do not provide others with unauthorized access to any RR content.
RR does not and shall not discriminate in any of its activities or policies based on race, color, religion (creed), gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, military status, or any other protected classes or standing.
The above notwithstanding, RR reserves the right to refuse to provide services to or to terminate access to our websites, systems, content, or services for any person (User) or company for any other reason.
Privacy Statement and Policies
Recon Research takes protecting your privacy very seriously.
When you create a user account on our website, RR will ask you to provide your name, email address, title, and other related information. RR will use this information to provide a more personalized online experience and gain insight into our users’ topics of interest.
RR will store user information in a secure manner within our systems, and we will not release your personal information to third parties without your express permission.
Users may request the removal of their information from our systems. Such requests will be processed as quickly as possible.
Recon Research Customers and Clients
RR offers its services to different types of companies, including (but not limited to) vendors, service providers, channel partners, design consultants, end-user customers, investment firms, industry associations, and others.
Within our systems, users are grouped by their current Company of employment. The assignment of a user into a specific company is made automatically based on the email address the individual used to register on our system.
For example, a user who registers with the email address @acme.com would automatically be added to the “Acme” company account and granted all rights, privileges, and system access afforded to members of that company.
Within our systems, RR categorizes each company by company type. Some RR services are available to all types of companies, while others are only available to specific company types.
RR reserves the right to classify and re-classify companies as specific types of companies at any time and at its sole discretion, even if such classification impacts the services available to and the cost of said services for any company.
To access our non-public website content and other web-delivered services, users need to create a user account on our system. Within our system, the user’s email address is also the user’s login.
User accounts are to be created for named individuals only. Shared logins or group user accounts (e.g., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) are not permitted.
Use of Corporate (Business) Email Address
Users should register on our website using the corporate / business email address issued to them by their employer so RR can assign them to their proper company account.
Users who register with non-specific email addresses (e.g., @aol.com, @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.) or personal email addresses will be assigned to a “generic” company with limited access to our website and systems. Such users are encouraged to change their email address to their corporate / business email address using the “Change Email Address” function on our website.
Communications and Notifications
By registering for and creating a user account on our website, you understand the following:
- That you give RR permission to send relevant emails and other communications, including, but not limited to, new content notifications, event announcements, newsletters, meeting requests, marketing content, and other communiqués as deemed appropriate by RR.
- That RR may, from time to time, send you emails or other communications on behalf of third parties or partners.
Users may opt-out of RR marketing emails by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of RR emails or by changing their communication preferences on our website.
Users no longer authorized to use the email address they used to register on our website must immediately, 1) change their email address to an authorized email address using the “Change Email Address” function on our website, or 2) stop using that user account on our system.
Contractors, consultants, PR firms, marketing firms, and other externals issued an email address by their client or customer do not qualify for the rights and privileges afforded to employees of that company. Such individuals should register on our website using the email address issued by their actual employer – NOT the email address issued by their client or customer.
The use of an unauthorized or client-issued email address to gain access to RR’s content or systems is strictly prohibited and amounts to the unauthorized use of our systems. RR reserves the right to suspend or delete unauthorized user accounts, bar individuals using unauthorized email addresses from our website or services, and/or charge individuals for content or systems accessed using unauthorized email addresses.
Subscription (Membership) Plans
RR reserves the right to offer free or paid subscription plans, including special promotions or trials. Such plans may be sold directly by RR or via approved third parties, and are subject to change or discontinuation at any time.
RR subscriptions are typically sold on a company-wide basis and for periods of one year or longer.
Except as expressly provided in writing and in advance of the subscription activation:
- RR subscription benefits are available to current employees of the subscribing company only – not to employees of the subscribing company’s parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, investors, advisors, strategic partners, business partners, go-to-market partners, contractors, consultants, PR firms, marketing firms, customers, prospects, or others.
- RR subscriptions include only the benefits declared by RR in writing as being included within the subscription.
- RR subscription benefits are available to subscribing companies for the term of the subscription only.
Subscribing companies may cancel their subscriptions at any time. However, all subscription payments are non-refundable, and RR will not issue refunds or credits for partially used periods.
For Subscriptions Including Premium Content
These subscriptions provide employees of subscribing companies (“subscribers”) access to specific, non-public RR content. Subscribers can distribute RR content obtained via their company’s RR subscription to other employees within their company, but not to others outside their company.
Our goal is to provide valuable content subscription services. However, we make no commitments regarding the topics covered, the depth of said coverage, the volume and type of content included, and the release dates of specific content items included within the subscription.
For Subscriptions Including Battle Program Access
These subscriptions provide employees of subscribing companies (“subscribers”) access to specific parts of the RR Battle Program. Subscribers can distribute information obtained via their company’s RR subscription to other employees within their company, but not to others outside their company.
Conditions of Use and User Conduct
As a condition of use of our website, content, systems, and online services, you agree to the following:
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user account information, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your user account.
- You will not share your account information with others or knowingly allow others to use your account.
- You will notify RR immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other breach of security that may impact RR.
- You will access our subscription content for the duration of your subscription only.
- You will not alter or modify our content in any way.
- You will not remove copyright, trademark, or other notices within our content, or imply ownership of our content.
- You agree to comply with all local, state/province, or federal laws regarding online conduct.
- You will not violate any laws applicable to your use of our website or online services, or use our website, content, or online services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You will not use our website to transmit unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, or similar.
- You will not use our website, content, or services to falsely suggest an affiliation, partnership, sponsorship, endorsement, or validation on the part of RR.
- You will not use any means (e.g., hacking, crawling, scraping, etc.) to gain access to information for which you are not authorized, and you will not attempt to probe, scan, or conduct tests for vulnerabilities on our website.
User Generated / Posted Content
Should the RR website allow you to post content such as comments, feedback, documents, images, videos, advertisements, etc. (“user content”), you agree to and understand the following:
- You are personally and solely responsible for all user content that you post.
- You have the legal right to post such user content, and the use of that content on our site does not violate any agreement, applicable law, or the intellectual property rights of others.
- You indemnify and hold RR harmless, to the extent of the law, for any damages, losses, and any expenses of any kind associated with the user content you post – including reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- You will not post any user content that would be considered offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene.
- You will not post any user content that involves promoting third-party services, regardless of your affiliation.
- You will not post any user content that implies any affiliation with RR or endorsement of you or your company by RR or any other individual or entity without express written consent from such individual or entity.
- You will not post links to other analyst firms or for-profit firms involved in creating content or providing advisory services related to the enterprise communications market.
- You will not post any nefarious content such as malware, Trojan horses, viruses, or any other content that may interfere with or disrupt the operation of our website.
- The user content that you post does not reflect the opinion or views of RR.
- RR has no obligation to monitor, review, or edit the user content you post.
- RR has the right to remove or disable access to any user content, without notification, for any or no reason, including but not limited to user content that, at our sole discretion, violates this agreement or does not adhere to the ethical guidelines of our company.
For user content that includes information about Recon Research or the markets we cover, you grant RR a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual (or, in jurisdictions where this is not permitted, for a term equal to the duration of the Agreements plus twenty (20) years), irrevocable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, make available to the public (e.g., perform or display), publish, translate, modify, create derivative works from, and distribute any of your user content.
Some RR support services include or leverage client-provided logos, images, or messages. For example, a Recon Research white paper might include the sponsor’s logo on the title page, and the Go-to-Battle page within the Battle Program includes sponsor logos and messages/advertisements.
RR reserves the right to approve or disapprove any client-provided logos, images, or messages that RR deems, at its sole discretion, to be unsuitable for the intended purpose. Examples of unsuitable messages might include offensive logos or messages referencing competing vendors or solutions.
Changes or Updates
Disclaimer of Warranties
We endeavor to provide the best service and the most accurate and insightful content possible. However, you understand and agree that RR’s website, systems, content, and online services are provided “as is” and “as available” without express or implied warranty or condition of any kind.
You use RR’s website, systems, content, and online services at your own risk, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, RR makes no representations and disclaims any warranties or conditions of quality, merchantability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
In addition, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold RR harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising out of (1) your use of RR’s website, systems, content, or online services, (2) your breach of these terms, (3) any user content, (4) any activity in which you engage on or through the RR website, (5) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, and (6) any errors or omissions within RR-provided content or RR-provided systems, including (but not limited to) the RR Battle Program.
RR does not warrant that the RR website is free of malware or other harmful components. Nor do we make any representation, warranty, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy of third-party statements, claims, or information made available through our website, or any information accessed via hyperlinks from our site or featured within any banner or other advertising.
Furthermore, RR is not responsible for any transaction between you and third-party providers of any product or service.
Some aspects of this section may not apply in some jurisdictions if prohibited by applicable law.
Trademarks and Brand Items
All RR trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features or elements of the Recon Research brand (“brand elements”) are the sole property of Recon Research, Inc. or its licensors.
The use of our website or services and/or the consumption of our content does not grant you or your company any rights to use our brand for either commercial or non-commercial use.
All non-RR company, product, or service names that may be mentioned by RR on our website or within our content are tradenames, trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
RR is committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that RR, or any user of RR’s service, has potentially violated a copyright, trademark, or other rights of others, please contact us at email@example.com.
Governing Law / Jurisdiction / Arbitration
For Users in the United States Only
You agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and RR arising in connection with your use of RR’s websites, content, or services will be determined by mandatory binding individual (not class) arbitration.
Any arbitration between you and RR will take place under the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in force (the “AAA Rules”),
Any arbitration hearings will take place in the County of RR’s headquarters, provided that if the claim is for $25,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted (1) solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator; (2) through a non-appearance based telephonic hearing; or (3) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the County in which RR is headquartered.
If you choose to file an arbitration proceeding, you will be responsible for paying all associated filing fees and fees for your representation (if any), as well as your share of any arbitration fees, including arbitrator compensation, unless otherwise required by AAA rules or court order.
Furthermore, you agree to the jurisdiction of Broward County, Florida, to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy that is not subject to mandatory arbitration as stated within this document.
You and RR agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual (or company-wide) capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action.
This document constitutes the entire agreement between you and RR on this subject matter.
Should any provision of this document be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of this document, and the application of that provision shall be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
Any failure by RR or any third-party beneficiary to enforce these terms or any provision thereof shall not waive RR’s or the applicable third-party beneficiary’s right to do so.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.