In this video research note, Recon Research’s Ira Weinstein provides the real story behind the everything-as-a-service craze.
Hardly a day goes by without us hearing about a new “as a service” offering. And often the messaging around the offering focuses on the benefits of shifting a capital expenditure (CapEx) to an operational expenditure (OpEx). So instead of an up-front cost, the customer pays a monthly fee.
Sure – such offerings do add value. But is that what “as a service” (XaaS) is really about?
This video research note, available free to RR premium content subscribers, provides insight into this important topic and answers questions including:
- Can EVERYTHING be a service?
- Should everything be a service?
- Does selling something (e.g. a product / solution) as a service make it more valuable?
- What makes one type of service different from another?
- Is there a future for XaaS in the enterprise communications, collaboration, and AV marketplace?