Cisco appears to be firing on all cylinders.
The highlights for FY2019-Q2, the period ending January 25, 2019, include:
- Total revenue of $12.4 billion, up ~ 5% year-over-year (Y/Y)
- Service revenues flat
- Applications revenues up 24%, driven mostly by acquisitions
- 65% of software revenues derived from subscriptions, up from 54% Y/Y
- Increased quarterly dividend to shareholders; increased buyback authorization by $15B to $24B
- GAAP net income was a loss of $8.778 billion after including an $11.1 billion charge related to the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Trump tax cut)