Past, Present, and Future
Collaboration applications and video conferencing in particular have benefitted from over thirty years of continuous improvements in the three P’s: price, performance, and plumbing.
More recently, numerous other changes have taken place in the technology behind collaboration cameras. Audio processing can be used to optimize the video image; panoramic lens designs combined with image processing algorithms improve the meeting experience for remote participants; and camera interfaces have become standardized, broadening the market for all vendors.
A version of this PowerPoint was delivered at the InfoComm 2018 event in Las Vegas, Nevada. The presentation digs into questions like …
- How has the collaboration camera evolved in the past two decades?
- What are the fundamental camera types
- How have configuration changes affected meeting rooms and users?
- What types of image processing enhance collaboration cameras?
- What about panoramic cameras for conferencing>?
- What should users expect in future collaboration cameras for rooms, desktops, and industrial applications?